"To Salvationists, holiness is a spiritual ideal, but many are not really convinced that it is an attainable experience. I think this problem arises because we so often speak about holiness in terms of behaviour and morality, in terms of restrictions and prohibitions, as though it were some kind of code of spiritual etiquette or a list of things you do not do. However, holiness is a much more positive, practical and wholesome experience than that. It is a quality of character to which God calls his people, and if he calls us to it, it must be possible. It involves the whole of my life, my relationship with the people I rub shoulders with every day, the plans I make for my future, the way I spend my recreation and the time I give to my church responsibilities. Holiness is not so much about what I give up, as about what I take on."
No comments:
Post a Comment